A CITIZEN'S INCOME is an unconditional, non-withdrawable income payable to each individual as a right of citizenship.
The Citizen's Income Trust promotes debate on the feasibility of a citizen's income by running seminars and conferences, publishing a newsletter and other publications, maintaining a library of resources, and responding to requests for information.
The newsletter issue 3, 2010 contains
- An editorial on the September 2010 Conservative Party conference Child Benefit announcement
- An additional editorial on the October 2010 Citizen's Pension announcement
- 21st Century Welfare, a summary
- The Citizen’s Income Trust’s response to 21st Century Welfare
- Conference report
- Book reviews
- A Viewpoint by Karl Widerquist
- With apologies to ‘Yes, Minister’
The edition is also available to download as a Word document or as a pdf
Please go to our website at www.citizensincome.org to read it.
Poster and introductory booklet: An A3 poster is still available. On one side is a history of social welfare provision in the UK, and on the other an introduction to a Citizen’s Income. There’s a link to it on the home page of the website, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive hard copies of the poster. Similarly, an introductory booklet is available. Again, a copy can be found on the website, or please email us if you would like hard copies.
With best wishes